If you are facing a major surgery, being well informed is a must. If all of your questions are not answered or you are having second thoughts about what has been recommended, a second opinion might be worth the money to obtain. The value of a second opinion is to give you more information so that you can make the most educated decision about your health. It is not to discount the original doctor’s opinion, but instead to consider his or her recommendation with others that may be available. You do not want to have a surgery if you are not 100% comfortable with it.
There can be numerous other reasons why someone might want to have a second opinion:
- The doctor says there is nothing else they can do for you
- You didn’t feel the doctor listened to your concerns
- You are looking for an alternative treatment or other options
- You want to confirm the diagnosis and/or treatment plan
- Peace of mind you are doing the right thing
- You want to know if there is newer technology or an advanced, easier or safer method to the approach your surgery has been recommended be done.
If you would like to have a second opinion and are not sure how to go about it, please contact us and we’d be happy to help! email@example.com or at 877-344-3544.