It is the time of the year that ‘Snowbirds’ start making their plans to travel south for the winter. Most true Snowbirds own a second home/vacation home in the US. Unfortunately, traveling for leisure is completely different this year in light of the COVID pandemic. As of now, travel for leisure, even if you own a home in the US, is deemed non-essential. It is, however, considered essential if you are traveling for medical reasons. If you’ve considered having a surgery done privately, your winter trip can happen. There will be many state and provincial regulations you have to abide by, however, it just may be the way to still get some of the sunshine you’ve been craving AND get you in a better, healthier place.
Benefits Snowbirds can still have if they schedule a private surgery:
- You can recover in the comfort of your own home that you own in the US.
- Most people who travel for surgery will stay an average of 5-7 days and then return to Canada. Being local and having the ability to stay longer and do your follow ups in person is more optimal.
- There is less risk to you for complications since you do not need to fly home right away. Flying during COVID is more challenging with more hoops to jump through. If you combine your surgery with an already planned trip to stay for a couple of months, that risk element is removed. When the time comes for you to go back to Canada, you will likely be in a healthier place with more energy and the ability to do so easier.
- By coming to the US, you may have access to treatment for procedures or surgeries that are not available in Canada. There are many things unavailable to Canadians that are available in the US. This would be an optimal time to explore alternative options.
- There is convenience of already being in the area so you avoid an additional trip and expense. If you combine your south of the border winter trip with a surgery, you will save money by not making a separate trip to do so.
Contact Health Vantis to connect you to an already vetted, safe and affordable facility in the area you are traveling. We take the guess work out of finding the appropriate surgeon for your needs.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!