https://ekgxh4okxj4.exactdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/1.jpg?strip=all&lossy=1&ssl=1 480 852 Health Vantis https://ekgxh4okxj4.exactdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/healthvantis-logo.png Health Vantis2017-12-19 14:24:382017-12-19 14:27:385 Tips For The Next 2 Weekend Holidays And Eating
This time of year is full of cheer and over indulgence. We all love to have a good time but here are some tips to help get you through those next 2 weeks when you are at a party!
1. Chose fresh fruits, dark chocolate, sweet potatoes, beans, vegetables or whole grains. All of these are natural appetite suppressants.
2. Pick foods that you don’t eat often during the year. It will give you a chance to skip the usual and try the special without filling up on the typical fare
3. Overindulging in alcoholic beverages is common during this time of the year. Have a glass of water before and in between your adult beverage. Not drinking 3 hours before you go to bed can also be of benefit in affecting your sleep cycle.
4. Watch for the ‘sigh’ which is your body’s natural way of letting you know you are full. When you ‘sigh’, you are actually making room in your stomach. Pay attention to this to avoid overeating and know that is your body’s queue that it’s time to stop.
5. Have a strategy before you go to a party. Set limits and know what you plan on doing. Easier said than done, isn’t it? If you at least think about it before you go, you may have a chance at actually following it!
Have a wonderful holiday season!